Registration: [9:45 – 10:15am]
Intro: What we’re up against [10:15 – 10:30am]
Panel & Discussion: Current campaigns fighting policing, jails, and criminalization in SF [10:30 – 12:00pm]
Hear from groups organizing to end gang injunctions, close 850 Bryant jail, fight the criminalization of migrants, and ensure justice for SFPD murders. In connecting these campaigns and strategies, we will begin to build collective vision and demands.
Honoring community members killed by SFPD [12pm]
Lunch [12:20 – 12:55pm]
During lunch, there will be time to share your story and explore the work and resources of different groups.
Breakouts: Workshops to share tactics & strategize to win [1:00 – 2:30pm]
- Participatory Defense – Young Women’s Freedom Center and SV Debug
- Media Tactics & Language to Fight the PIC – Ella Baker Center for Human Rights and Critical Resistance
- Abolition of Policing & History of SFPD – Critical Resistance Oakland and Adriana Camarena w/ Justice 4 Luis Gongora Pat
- Sharing our strategies and working together across campaigns – you are encouraged to send a rep from your campaign to this roundtable
- Organizing and Advocacy with Imprisoned People – Fired Up, a project of California Coalition for Women Prisoners, Young Women’s Freedom Center, TGI Justice Project, and SF jail gardening project.
Closeout: Next steps [2:30 – 3:00pm]
Upcoming actions, how to get involved and continue to build together
Mayan War Room in Honor of Luís Góngora Pat [6:30 – 9pm]
After the summit, you are invited to attend: A Fundraiser and Art & Revolution exhibit of his family’s struggle for justice, including original embroidered protest artwork by Luis’s widow and daughter from Yucatan. Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts: 2868 Mission St, San Francisco
**Note: We are working in coordination with Justice for Luis Gongora which is commemorating the 2nd anniversary of his killing by SFPD on April 7th. There will be Mayan ceremony and commemoration of his life led by his family, at his altar @ Shotwell and 19th Street. We encourage you to either join us at the Summit for our start time at 10am or respectfully join Luis’ family in their ceremony before coming to the Summit. Luis’ family, friends, and those organizing his campaign will honor him during the Summit as well.**