Back to Staying Smart Tips Back to Reentry Resources Menu
Have you or someone you care for recently gotten out of jail in SF, and are you looking for resources & services for your IMMEDIATE NEEDS in the city?
Check out these resources below!
- No New SF Jail Coalition has an awesome guide already!
- We’ve been posting lamented copies of this bi-lingual guide outside of County Jail 1 (at 7th & Bryant). Check out this page of website here for more info on this bi-lingual resource guide connecting people to some resources for their immediate needs.
Need Health Insurance?
- Human Services Agency office:
- 1440 Harrison / 1235 Mission Service Center
- COVID NOTE: Applications currently accepted by phone (415-558-4700), online, by email (SFMedi-Cal@sfgov.org), Fax (415-355-2432) or mail (Human Services Agency, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120)
- If you have pending appointments or immediate health needs, you may be able to get temporary coverage through your provider if your insurance was turned off (e.g. San Francisco General Hospital).
- POLICY NOTE: New developments potentially on their way with Mental Health SF
- Could potentially help people connect more quickly with support regardless of coverage throughout reentry
Need to refill your prescription?
- (Talk with your primary care provider, if you have one.)
- Treatment Access Program (TAP)/ CBHS Pharmacy:
- 1380 Howard (@10th)
- 1-800-750-2727; 415-503-4730
- Westside Crisis Clinic
- 245 11th Street
- Phone: 415-355-0311
- Hours : 8:00am-2:00pm Monday-Friday; Saturday, Sunday and Holidays are closed
Need to reactivate your income?
- Apply for County Adult Assistance Programs (CAAP)
- 1235 Mission Street
- COVID UPDATE: online applications only, can call 415-558-2227 for support
- Reactivating SSI:
- 90 7th St / 1098 Valencia St (online services)
- Before going to into the office, try to have:
- Proof of incarceration (a document with dates from your lawyer, jail services, or probation officer)
- An ID (support through Project Homeless Connect, St. Anthony, Hospitality House – see below)
Need Advocacy around your benefits?
- Positive Resource Center
- 170 9th Street
- Homeless Advocacy Project
- 125 Hyde Street
- drop-in Tuesdays 1-4pm
Need with other basic needs met? (Hygiene supplies, vouchers, problem-solving aid, etc. )
- Project Homeless Connect:
- 1031 Franklin Street (Entrance at Franklin and O’Farrell);
- Resource line 1-855-588-7968;
- service calendar
- AWESOME RESOURCE GUIDE with COVID UPDATES
- 330 Ellis Street (Main Building)
- Check here for COVID UPDATES
- St. Anthony’s
- 121 Golden Gate Ave;
- Hospitality House:
- 169 Sixth Street
- 290 Turk Street
- 169 Sixth Street
- Homeless Prenatal Project: serves clients with children under 17. Can provide assistance with deposits for rent and food bags. If children are under 3 years old, HPP can provide formula and diapers.
Need urgent mental health support?
- Go to your nearest emergency room or PES at SFGH if you are in crisis
- If the situation is not an emergency but you think it may become one, please call the Department of Public Health’s 24-Hour Access helpline: 415-255-3737 or 888-246-3333 or TDD 888-484-7200
Westside Community Services: Voluntary, drop-in service open to any adult in need of emergency psychiatric care. The Clinic is designed to stabilize low-income residents in a mental health crisis and refer that person to an appropriate source for follow-up treatment.
- Crisis clinic: Drop-In 245 11th Street
- Mon-Fri (8am-2pm)
- or call 415-355-0311
Dore Urgent Care: 24hr drop-in clinic that is a safe place staffed by nurses where you can spend the night if the clinic has capacity, and potentially be linked with longer term, voluntary care.
- Good idea to call ahead if possible, and try to bring any medications you need for the next 2 weeks if hoping to be connected to ongoing, residential treatment.
- M-F 24 hrs 52 Dore St