Ways to get involved include:
- Call, email and/or meet with your district’s Supervisor to support legislation to close 850 Bryant permanently. Join & spread our Social Media Storm on 4-15-20
- Sign your organization up on our contact list to be informed on updates & to support upcoming actions (such as our #ShutDown850 Sign-on Letter & our more recent sign-on letter to Protect Prisoners against COVID-19).
- Host a townhall or community event for your organization or the surrounding neighborhood & urge your Supervisors to close 850 Bryant
- Print out or forward our #ShutDown850 factsheets and flyers & distribute them to your organization, restaurant, business, housing collective or community groups.
- Request a presentation on the harms of SF’s jail expansion & 850 Bryant for your community or organization
- Write an OpEd or Letter to the Editor
- Join us for Jail Outreach to support prisoners and families on Saturdays
- Share your or your loved one’s story of how being imprisoned at 850 Bryant or any of SF’s jails impacted you & your community with the coalition
- Become a member of the NoNewSFJails Coalition!
Sign up to be contacted for events & mobilizations
or to get involved with our work to SHUT DOWN 850:
Contact us directly if you have questions!
- No New SF Jail Coalition Celebrates December 15th Victory on the Steps of City Hall